Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Broken Pearls

Time passed by
Were you walking with me?
Left over’s of yesterdays gone
Stored memories put away
Closed curtains steal the moonlights shine
I masquerading in leather, lace and Pearls
Became something I thought you wanted
Though it was just your disguise
Broken promises
Static phone calls
Please
I tell my audience
Learn my lesson well
I say, it’s not us really…
It’s their game
Cat
Mouse
Superman’s cape
I sat on his lap
Yes
Blindfolded
Love is blind after all
Trust
Screaming I always knew it was my biggest mistake….
So I lay here now in dead silence
Ripping pearls
Ripping lace
It was never me anyway….
I was not leather
Or number one in your book
You were number one
I walk away
Laughing
At the tears
I spent on so many pages
Why?
Healing in what?
Time…..
Your letters caused a blaze
Made for good fire wood
Yesterday begins to smolder
Oh Dear….
Maybe it was just the pearls after all…..

© 2008 Alexandra Carpenter

No comments: